When using flat woven webbing slings always:
• Store and handle belt slings correctly.
• Inspect belt slings and accessories before use and before placing into storage.
• Follow safe slinging practices, as given overleaf.
• Position the bight for choke lift at 120° (natural angle).
• Position the sling so that the load is uniformly spread over its width and protect the sling from sharp edges.
• Apply the correct mode factor for the slinging arrangement.
When using flat woven webbing slings never:
• Attempt to shorten, knot or tie belt slings.
• Expose belt slings to direct heat or flames.
• Use belt slings at temperatures above 80°C or below 0°C without consulting the supplier.
• Expose belt slings to chemicals without consulting the supplier.
• Shock load belt slings.
• Use belt slings which are cut or which have loose or damaged stitching